The application submitted by the North Yorkshire Moors Railway (NYMR) includes the building of a carriage stable with associated storage and staff and service facilities for up to 40 carriages from the running fleet.
The development, if the plans are approved by the local authorities, would also include a workshop for the restoration of historic carriages plus a new bridge to replace existing access over Pickering Beck.
A number of nearby residents have raised concerns to the planned Pickering development, but the NYMR has expressed that it's committed to liaising directly with the local community through every step of its sustainability project.
Latest from Unseen Steam :
- Transport secretary announces plans to reverse Beeching cuts
- Bluebell Railway engine restoration progress
- See a Black 5 locomotive passing through London this Saturday
- “Home for Wells" appeal to raise £340,920 to buy 34092
- No. 70013 "Oliver Cromwell" on the Welsh Borders (25/11/17)
- The Missing Link - Great Central Railway (18/19th November 2017)
- Tyseley's Panniers go to Bridgnorth - 11th November 2017
- 0-6-0T Bosnian Dual - Tuzla (October 2017)